Troubleshooting PSO2, the rglx & AIDA version.
Original information from AIDA's PSO-World Superthread, cleaned up and readabilificatified by rglx.
Bring problems to rglx.
Contact information on bottom footer of this page.
This document aims to help users fix their copies of PSO2 quickly without waiting for a technician (or Microsoft or SEGA) to help them.
Try these before going through this list or asking for help from someone.
- Update DirectX
- Click "Check for PSO2 Updates (Old Method)" on the PSO2 Tweaker, or using the default launcher to otherwise force a file-check.
- Open PSO2 Tweaker and selecting Troubleshooting -> Fix Gameguard Errors from the Orb Menu. This forcibly uninstalls GameGuard (which will be reinstalled on next game launch)
- Update your drivers. All of them.
- Make sure you have the latest version of your OS.
Windows Key + Rand type
- Ensure you have 5GB of free disk space on the drive PSO2 is on.
- Deactivate your antivirus and firewall, graphical enhancers, and anything that might attempt to interface with PSO2.
- Reduce your graphics settings.
- In PSO2's Options, click "Shader Quality" and change it to Simple.
- Make sure your game's folder is in the root of your drive, eg
- Check https://bumped.org/psublog for a maintenance announcement
- If applicable, check that the PSO2 Proxy of your choice is online and functioning. If you're still getting errors or need help with something else, by all means, please ask!
Known issues with the NA (Windows Store) version of the game
- Installs via the Windows store sometimes self-destruct, and then the vanilla installer will create a new one alongside it, leaving the 80-something gigabytes of orphaned game files on your disc. The only fix for this is to install the game via a third-party launcher, and sideload the game as a Windows Store app so you can login properly.
- The gate area has LOTS of stuttering. This is caused by the launcher executing the game with the
-optimizeflag. The only way around this lag is to either wait for a patch, or to use a third-party launcher.
Registration errors (JP game only)
Help yourself, and help us too! Use the Chrome Extension to simplify and expedite the registration process.
|Error||How to fix it|
|027||Your email provider is unacceptable by SEGA/PSO2's servers, your first and last name isn't full-width characters, your phone number isn't 11 digits, eg:
Example of Japanese-style address (I think this is SEGA of Japan headquarters?)
General In-game & Client Errors
This list may contain inaccurate information not represented (or mis-represented) in the North American release of the game.
|Error||How to fix it|
|#220 #221, #640, #641||Open the PSO2 Tweaker and click “Check for PSO2 Updates” to fix this.|
|#222||Client update could not be completed. Please hit “File Check” on the launcher to update manually.|
|#223||Failed to validate that you're running the latest version|
|#224||Could not connect to server, please wait and try again. Wait a minute or two, then try connecting again.|
|#225, #226, #227, #228, #241||General connection errors. We don't know much about these.|
|#230, #231||Connection error. Wait a minute or two, and try again. If this persists, hit Windows Key + R and type ipconfig /flushdns.|
|#240||This usually means your ISP is unable to connect to the game without the Proxy|
|#242||Likely caused by repeated incorrect password attempts. Check and maybe reset your password if necessary.|
|#249||Means either SEGA's maintenancing PSO2's servers, or your internet connection isn't good enough to run the game.|
|#601||Login incorrect. Also may be Maintenance Day-related.|
|#602||SEGA ID and password are incorrect. Make sure your ID is all lowercase, and maybe reset your password if neccessary|
|#604||You spammed login attempts too much. Wait about an hour and try again.|
|#605, #606||Corporate access to PSO2 was revoked. Not much is known about these.|
|#611||Server may be under maintenance.|
|#612||Server may be under heavy load.|
|#616||Block is full. Try another?|
|#617, #642, #646||Ship or Block couldn't be found on SEGA's servers.|
|#620||Bad logout process. Wait ten minutes, and re-login.|
|#622, #625, #633||(Unconfirmed) You can't enter a full Room!|
|#623, #634||(Unconfirmed) Can't find Room server.|
|#624||Generic “You can't enter this room!”|
|#626||Room server issue. Restart your client.|
|#627, #628||Premium room access revoked.|
|#630||You lagged a bit and the server logged you out. Common with high-latency connections.|
|#632||Account in use from two locations at once|
|#635, #636||Some kind of restriction on Room.|
|#637, #647, #648||Server-side teleportation problem|
|#638, #639||Likely a premium issue regarding teleportation. [lit.] Because billing has expired, could not be moved.|
|#643||Block is full.|
|#644||Block transportation failed.|
|#645||Server transportation failed.|
|#649||Server under maintenance. Maintenance usually occurs Tuesday nights (US time) and lasts a couple hours.|
|#650||This error occurs the first time you attempt to log on to PSO2 using a computer that you've never used before, similar to Steam Guard. It will give you this error, then return you to the login screen. Login with the same information, and SEGA will send an e-mail to the registered address you used when you created the account. You'll need to open the e-mail and copy the code inside. Then return to PSO2 and paste the code to verify account ownership, and allow access.|
|#651||This happens when you get error 650, and take too long to put in the code you receive in the e-mail. You'll need to repeat the steps of Error 650 in order to login.|
|#652, #658||Your team doesn't have a room to move to.|
|#653, #659||Team Room connection error.|
|#654, #660||No Team Room access permissions. Ask your team leaders.|
|#655||Team Room is full.|
|#656||Team Room couldn't be found?|
|#657||You're not in a team! You can't move into a team room.|
|#674||Go to the SEGA ID box and start typing, making sure it's typing in english, not japanese. My issue was that the Japanese IME was going nuts, typing my password in japanese. Fix it so you're typing in english, then put your password in the password box.|
|#691||This is a Vita only error - It means that the SEGA ID you're trying to log in with is already associated with another SEN account. This is common if you switch SEN accounts to use other content. You'll have to use the FIRST SEN ID you logged into PSO2 with, or create a whole new SEGA ID.|
|#710||[lit.]To use the previously purchased premium set, please purchase “Premium Set” in the “AC shop” menu.|
|#711||Your premium has run out. You can revert to free, or buy another month of premium.|
|#712||In order to charge AC, select AC shop from the menu and then select the option for AC charge.|
|#911||[lit.] “An assumed error has occurred - Please check the PC you are using, and where you are using it. If you have any questions, please contact the distributor or manufacturer of your computer.” We don't know much about this error.|